There are laws in Commerce, and this is one:
The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%, while the likelihood of selling a product to a new customer averages at a low 5-20%.
We’ll not explore the psychology behind why that is so in this article, but it’s a fact.
Existing customers who already bought are much more valuable and are much more likely to purchase again than new prospects.
That is why we’ve built upselling right into the eLearnCommerce Platform and made it super easy to setup.
What is upselling?
Upselling is when you encourage your customer to buy either a higher-priced alternative, something additional, or to augment the original purchase with other features or greater access to content or services.
Can you make an example?
Let’s say you have 4 Levels on your eLearnCommerce Membership Site:
1.: Free Level
2.: Gold Level 47$ a month
3.: Silver Level 97$ a month
4.: Platinum Level 297& a month
The Member Upgrade Journey would start with the Free Level and end with the Platinum Level.
Each time a Member upgrades, he gains access to more content, services, resources, learning channels, or direct access to coaches or teachers.
Keep in mind that eLearnCommerce enables you to not only Sell and Upsell Courses but all other Content Types and PLM Learning Channels as well.
As stated above, it is much more likely to upgrade Gold and Silver Level members into the Platinum Level than it is to acquire new Platinum Level members that never heard of you or your product.
Let me show you how easy it is to UPSELL Your Content and Courses within your Membership Site with eLearnCommerce.
We’ve made this as easy as 1,2,3
The eLearnCommerce Content Upsell Cycle
After you’ve created your Membership Levels using your Membership plugin of choice and created Upsell Sales Pages for each one,
1. Go to the WordPress Dashboard >> eLearnCommerce >> All Courses
(Choose the course you want to upsell, alternatively navigate to any other eLearnCommerce Content-Type)
2. Paste the Upsell URL link into the Membership Plugin metabox
(S2, Wishlist, Memberium etc.)
3. Update your Course or eLearnCommerce Content Type
This is how it will behave on the Frontend.
The Unavailable Course is Greyed Out, and upon clicking, your Member will be redirected to the Membership Upgrade Sales Page you previously created.
NOTE: You can represent the Membership Upgrade Path inside a custom tab on the Learner Profile as well when using the Personalized Learning Module.
Which Plugins do I need?
You can currently Upsell your Content using the eLearnCommerce Content Sales Engine, s2 Member, WishlistMember, Memberium, MemberPress, MemberMouse, WooCommerce Memberships.
The Content Upsell Cycle is a feature that comes out of the box if you use the following Combos:
- eLearnCommerce + Content Sales Engine
- eLearnCommerce + Wishlist Member Learn More
- eLearnCommerce + S2 MemberPro + eLearnCommerce S2MemberPro Integration Addon Learn More
- eLearnCommerce + Memberium + eLearnCommerce Memberium Integration Addon Learn More
- eLearnCommerce + MemberPress + eLearnCommerce MemberPress Integration Addon Learn More
- eLearnCommerce + Member Mouse + eLearnCommerce MemberMouse Integration Addon Learn More
- eLearnCommerce + WooCommerce Memberships + eLearnCommerce WooCommerce Memberships Integration Addon Learn More
- eLearncommerce + AMember + eLearnCommerce Amember integration Addon Learn More
One last thing!
You can also Upsell access to a whole eLearnCommerce Category of your Content no coding required!
All the best
CEO – eLearnCommerce